top of page

Hitting the Road

Insuring those summertime toys

If you're like us, you’ve probably got summer trips and temps on the brain. Should your summer plans include boating, jet skiing, RVing, or ATVing (and we hope they do!), getting the right coverage is key to keeping your adventures humming along. To help, here’s a quick overview on insuring specialty summer toys.

Boats and Jet Skis

The right policy for your boat or watercraft will depend on its speed, length, and estimated value. Boats with stronger engines, like powerboats, often have higher rates whereas you may receive a credit if your boat has a maximum speed of 25 to 35 mph. If you own or hope to own a kayak, canoe, Jon boat, or small sailboat, there's good news! These summer staples are more than likely covered under your homeowners policy. However, before you get your feet wet, give the office a call to confirm what coverage you DO or DO NOT have included on your policy.

Motorcycles and ATVs

Most carriers are happy to issue a policy for motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, ATVs, side-by-sides, snowmobiles, golf carts, and e-bikes. While insurance may not be required to ride an ATV or dirt bike, it’s definitely a good idea—especially if you’ll be allowing others to take a spin. A motorcycle, on the other hand, legally needs its own policy in every state except Florida.


Insurance for your RV will vary based on the type of vehicle you have. Coverage is similar to auto insurance including liability, personal injury protection, medical payments, uninsured and underinsured motorist protection, and comprehensive and collision.

For custom coverage, your best course of action is always to give us a quick call. We'll make sure you’re fully insured for the summer ahead!

Featured Posts

Recent Posts

Search Tags

Follow Us

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page